I've decided to join Weight Watcher's on-line. I have a history with WW. Back in 2002 -2003 I lost about 60 pounds doing the meetings. I faithfully followed the program and got awesome results.
Being the self indulgent person that I am though, I didn't heed the WW advice of making the habits I had learned a way of life. Slowly the weight has come back. So here I am in the same boat I was in all those years ago and feeling older to boot.
I've gone back to meetings before but if you've ever been to a WW meeting you know that they are pretty much the same.
- Awards are given out (star stickers like you get in grade school for every 5 pounds, a ribbon at 10 pounds, a keychain at 10% loss) Award recipient says a few words about what's working for them.
- A theme is introduced by the leader.
- Leader gets people to participate in a discussion about the theme (avoid eye contact or she'll call on you).
- Tips and pointers on how to prepare food to taste normal.
- Meeting deteriorates into a discussion about which diet foods taste best.
- Meeting further deteriorates into a discussion about what foods we miss the most.
- Leader breaks the food trance by giving us a little pep talk.
- We are released back into a world that is not, I repeat not, set up for people to eat healthy.
European Shoes - Style>Comfort
American Shoes - Comfort>Style