Feb 13, 2009

Love is in the air.


Hopefully my husband will forgive me for posting the above picture. It's from New Years's Eve. Illustrates one of the many reasons he is so dear to me. Willing to play the fool for a laugh. Corny jokes and silly faces are his specialty.

Sometime today I will be going out and frantically trying to get a Valentine’s Day gift that conveys to my husband just how much he means to me. How is that possible? No material object I give him will be able to make him understand that he means the world to me. Doubly difficult for him is that I don’t usually get all sappy. This blog post is already starting to make me uncomfortable.

Your spouse is the person you have chosen to spend the rest of your life with. The kids will go off and be on their own, as they should. That leaves just you and him. Something we are experiencing more and more of these days.

We have our disagreements, topics that are best left alone and sometimes our arguments can get pretty intense but never once in our twenty-five years have I doubted that we were meant to be together for ever and always. (OMG, did I really just say that.) I’m going to stop now. I hope my daughter has read this far (she avoids sap too) and clues him in that he should read this blog post. (He normally doesn’t read my blog because he gets an earful from me every day.)

Happy Valetine’s Day!

Postscript – Everybody who goes on and on about boycotting Valentine’s Day because it’s a Hallmark holiday should just confess that they are looking for an excuse not to have to do anything for their significant other. Hallmark makes birthday cards too but I don’t see anybody calling for a ban on birthdays. Who says you have to buy a card, you cheapskate!

4 comments:

  1. Looks like a handsome fellow to me!
    Happy Valentine's Day Thinker!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah - he's a keeper. Happy Valentine's to you too Sling!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You and your husband are a pair of lucky ones...who don't wait till something happens to the other one before they admit how much they love each other...brought a tear to my eye...may you both live till you are 100, well in mind body and spirit. may you both die in your sleep close to each other and leave behind something of yourselves and your love for the poor bloody kids who are groing up in this world...they will need it. belssing on you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. MC - We are lucky. Some people go their whole lives and never experience that connection to someone. I know you had it with Don too. I enjoy every day of it, even the "bad" ones.

    ReplyDelete