Feb 17, 2009
“Top Ten Signs” that your daughter just got engaged.
1. She and her boyfriend ask to talk to you and your husband. The boy has a grin from ear to ear and the daughter is crying. She is also hiding her left hand behind her back.
2. Her Facebook status is immediately changed to engaged.
3. She’s on the phone for two days re-enacting the moment he popped the question with girlfriend after girlfriend.
4. You feel really old all of a sudden.
5. You wonder how long it will be until you are a grandmother (oh joy!)
6. You’ve been registered on theknot.com as the mother of the bride.
7. You are planning to join Weight Watcher’s right after the Vegas trip.
8. Bridal magazines everywhere…. OK, I admit I bought them but it’s still a sign.
9. Both grandparents give her the advice not to spend all her money on the wedding, (don’t worry Mom & Dad she will be spending some of ours too.)
10. It dawns on you that the next time she moves out it will be for good.
I wish I could reverse time so she could be that little girl who babbled incessantly and giggled at everything. Back then popsicles were “pockadoos” and cartoons were “rocktoons” and this day seemed an eternity away. But enough strolling down memory lane. Congratulations to both of you and welcome to our family Luis!