Jan 30, 2009

Be still my beating heart


I love Liam Neeson. No, scratch that. I LOVE Liam Neeson. My love for Mr. Neeson started with Rob Roy which at the time of its release was overshadowed by a very similar Braveheart. Now Braveheart was a good movie and I certainly know that at the time Mr. Gibson was adored by many women. But Mel is no Liam. Never has been and never will be. Not to mention that the more I’ve learned about Mr. Gibson over the years the less use I have for him, can’t abide bigots or chauvinists.

I could watch Rob Roy over and over again. I think it has something to do with Liam’s accent and that boyish smile. He’s ruggedly handsome and nobody has ever made a kilt look so good.

Two of his most recent films were also genres that I particularly love: Star Wars Episode 1 – science fiction and Kingdom of Heaven – historical drama. Seeing that Liam was starring in both of them got me to the box office on or near opening day. I was disappointed at both of them since he was killed off very early in both films. Heart-breaking and false advertising to boot. Don’t give him headline billing if you’re just going to kill him off.

But today Mr. Neeson has a premier. In "Taken" he is “the” star so I doubt he will be killed off. My husband doesn’t know it yet but we will be going to the theater tonight so I can get a Liam fix, sigh.

8 comments:

  1. Let us know how the movie is! I am also quite fond of Liam. I will have to check out Rob Roy! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've never seen Rob Roy? OMG - go rent it right now. Especially if you like Liam.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gotta love a tall man with an accent. Don't forget Love Actually (plays the sympathetic widower) and Batman Begins (trains Bruce Wayne to fight). Ooh ooh ooh!! Then you can go retro with his appearance in High Spirits. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ms. G - ashamed to say I never have seen Batman Begins and I had forgotten about Love Actually.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I watched a bootleg copy of 'Taken'..
    Yer gonna love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sling - I trust your review more than Ebert & Whoever. Postponed for matinee on Sunday before Superbowl. I think I can hold out that long.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I also LOVE Liam Neeson...be still my heart...he is such a man!!!! he is ROB ROY

    ReplyDelete